The University of Iowa Sterilizer Monitoring Program was developed in 1988. The program is located within the University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Department of Oral Pathology, Radiology and Medicine. We provide biological monitoring tests for sterilizer users in the United States including but not limited to dental, medical, tattoo and piercing, and laser and beauty.
The benefits of our program include:
• Unlimited access to test results. Our website allows unlimited access to test results starting from 2008, including cultures received and in progress.
• All positive results are telephoned immediately. Retest strips are sent free of charge for all positive results.
• We use Gram Stain verification for all positive tests.
• Postage paid envelopes are provided for return of specimens.
• Tests are identified with bar codes to ensure accurate entry of client information and proper identification of each test.
• Consultation with faculty and staff available at no charge.
• Clients have the ability to go paperless. Offices can opt out of receiving routine culture reports by mail.
• Proceeds from the program promote the education of dental students at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry.